Safety of our members, staff and community is of the utmost importance. We have been monitoring the Coronavirus situation and are complying with the guidance of local, regional and state health officials. SoCal VBC’s focus continues to be on prevention and preparation.
We are taking our cues from our local authorities and governing bodies (USA Volleyball, SCVA and Spike-Fest) and will continue with scheduled training and tournaments. We will post updates we receive on our website at: socalvbc.com/health-updates
If you have questions please email us at: [email protected]
Proactive Precautions to Take
- Most importantly, if you have a respiratory illness or fever, please stay home.
- Get a flu vaccine.
- Avoid contact with sick people (if you’re sick, limit contact with others).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Clean frequently touched items (cell phones, airplane seating area -tray table, screens, windows, arm rests, air vents, etc.).
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Bring extra hand sanitizer with you to all events.