March 11, 2020
As previously stated, the SCVA is constantly monitoring COVID-19 and its impact on our communities. We are aware of the actions of certain universities, conventions, and sporting events. At this time, the SCVA has decided to postpone the following events due to COVID-19:
1. Girls 17s – Mandatory 2 – Sunday, March 15th
2. Girls 12s – Mandatory 2 – Saturday, March 21st
3. Girls 13s – Mandatory 2 – Sunday, March 22nd
4. Girls 14s – Mandatory 2 – Saturday or Sunday, March 21st or 22nd
5. Boys 12s – Points Tournament – Saturday, March 21st
6. Boys 14s – Points Tournament – Saturday, March 21st
The SCVA will make every attempt to reschedule these events in the future.
The SCVA will continue to host the Girls 18s on Saturday, March 14th. The Mandatory 2 which will be hosted this Saturday, will be the last event at which teams can earn points for the regional bids to Girls Junior National Championships. Only two sites will be used on Saturday; American Sports Center and Momentous Sports Center. The SCVA is working with both facilities to supply hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the buildings and courts. The SCVA continues to encourage all attendees to continue to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
3. Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away, and then wash your hands.
4. Stay home if you are sick.
5. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
We feel for those who will lose income due to the postponements; officials, janitorial staff, trainers, concession staff, security, tournament staff, parking lot attendants, and all facility staff.
At this time, the SCVA has not made any final decisions regarding the Red Rock Raves. Information regarding those two events in Las Vegas, will be forthcoming.