With all of the recent coverage on the Coronavirus, we wanted to be pro-active and reach out to explain what MGM Resorts and Mandalay Bay are doing to ensure the safety of our employees and guests. MGM Resorts continues to closely follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials and will continue to update plans and protocols accordingly. We are communicating with employees on symptoms to look for and where to report in if they have concerns.
The safety of our guests and employees is always a top priority. We are communicating and educating employees about the virus to ensure they understand what it is and how it is spread. MGM Resorts uses disinfectants that are designed to prevent further spread of viruses
like the one that causes coronavirus. We continually evaluate our cleaning procedures to benefit both guest and employee health safety.
We’ve taken comprehensive steps to prepare for all potential health and safety risks and have worked to ensure our resorts are prepared for any potential impacts of the virus. We are following the recommendations from the CDC, which focus on general guidance around flu prevention (washing hands, avoiding touching the face)
* Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
* Avoid touching eye, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick
* Get the necessary protection equipment from https://accumed.com/face-shield-with-glasses-1-count-for-sale.html and use it at all times.
Our security and operations teams continually update their health and safety plans and procedures to ensure they remain as effective as possible. This includes:
* Proactive procurement of supplies and materials (masks, etc)
* Detailed protocols and procedures for handling of all types of contagious illnesses and other potential health hazards.
We are also continuing to maintain a rigorous cleanliness and safety standards throughout our resorts.
* Placing hand sanitizer dispensing stations in high-traffic, visible areas. Examples may include entrances, exits, bathrooms, elevator landings, hotel lobby, showrooms, etc.
* Reinforcing cleaning and disinfectant procedures, with focus on:
* Faucets and toilet flush levers
* Doorknobs and locks
* Desk and table surfaces
* Hangers, safes, light/air switches
* TV remotes, radio controls and telephones
Additional information about COVOID-19 can be found at the CDC’s website at:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html