To create a live stream on Facebook:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/live/create.
- Click Create Live Stream.
- Choose where you want to post your live broadcast.
- Select Enable persistent stream key if you want your stream key to be permanent. If this isn’t selected, you won’t be able to use this stream key again after the stream ends.
- Copy and paste the server URL and stream key or persistent stream key into the settings of your streaming software and start the video stream from your encoder. A preview screen will appear.
- Write a description, Title and Video Game tag.
- Click Go Live or Schedule.
During your live stream, people will be able to react and comment. You can write replies to comments or respond to them in your streaming broadcast. If you’re live streaming to your timeline, you’ll be able to choose the audience. When you end your live stream, it’ll stay where you shared it as a video post.
Stream Key and Persistent Stream Key
Don’t share your Stream Key or Persistent Stream Key. Anyone who has access to your stream key information can stream video to your post. You won’t be able to use a stream key again after your live stream ends. A persistent stream key, which is created by selecting Enable persistent stream key when creating a live stream, is permanent and can be used again after a live stream ends. Keep in mind that you can only broadcast one live video at a time with your persistent stream key.
Embed Live Stream
You can embed your live stream in a website. Click
near the bottom right-hand corner to get an html code that you can copy and paste to your website.